June 22, 2013

Day 74 - Tasman Glacier

 
Even though the guide book said that the view of the Tasman Glacier was "downright ugly", we decided to risk the campervan drive along a narrow dirt road that led up the glacier valley to see for ourselves.  In fact we were a little curious to see if a glacier could be ugly?  It was not!
 

You could say that the muddy bluish lake in front of the leading edge of the glacier with its huge icebergs and endless piles of rocks looked like some post-atomic global cooling movie scene... But it was not ugly...  It was stark and beautiful.  We stayed up on the overlook for some time taking in the scene below us.
 

Choci Addition:   The big cold puddle, with all its ice cubes, was pretty cool, but the slide I found made from rock was far better.  I rode it about 35 times and after each I would raise my finger and say "one more time".  In fact, it was so beautiful I cried some when we had to leave. Make sure if you are here, you try it too!
 

The world is a big playground in the eyes of a 2 year old. I guess, it is for her parents too. :-)
 

 
 
 




 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment